Some things in the house are left behind when moving, but all the important things tend to make the trip to the new place. In most cases, high value and fragile items are transported to the new place. Are you worried about transporting fragile items to the new location? Here are some tips that you should keep in mind when transporting the goods from one place to another
Although, books are less fragile items than glass and dishware they are prone to water, dirt, mud, and humidity. If the books are not packed properly, they can get damaged when they hit the ground. Here are some tips to pack the books in an effective manner
- Always use small and medium size boxes to pack the books. The weight of the books can damage the large size boxes.
- Use extra packing tape on the bottom of the box.
- You should store the hardcover books standing upright and the paperback books on their backs, this will help to keep the books safe during transit.
Dishware is very fragile and can be easily broken. Even the plastic cups and plates need to be packed properly to ensure safe transit. Follow these instructions to keep the dishware safe during a move
- Use medium size boxes and then fill the bottom with the packing paper
- Tightly pack the dishes to avoid any breakage and make sure that you have packing paper after each layer of dishes
- Fill the gaps with packing paper and packing tape
Electronics comes in different shapes and sizes and there are many ways to pack electronics – but here are some general tips that can help you pack effectively.
- Use the manual of the device for detailed instruction to pack the goods. Use the boxes that came with the electronics
- Use bubble wrap and plenty of packing paper to secure the item
- Remove batteries from the electronics before packing them
- Label the goods as fragile once packed
Mirrors that are not attached to the wall might accompany you to the new home. A mirror can be easily broken and you need to make sure that they are packed properly to ensure safe transit.
- Use blankets and towels to wrap the sides of the mirror – you can also add stable material like cardboard to make it secure
- Fill all the spaces between the mirrors with packing paper
- Pack the mirror in the box that has the same size to avoid movement while transporting.
WORKING WITH THE PROFESSIONALS
Many movers and packers offer expert professional services at moderate rates. They are accustomed to different packing techniques and this ensures safety during warehousing and transit.